Grants are awarded based on the quality of the exchange, the depth of knowledge sharing, and the overall benefit to the ensemble field.
Through this lens, a peer panel will select grantees based on:
- Clear articulation of project goals and anticipated outcomes with criteria for success
- Evidence that the proposed activities will expand and continue a relationship from a previously funded Exchange Grant
- Project feasibility, i.e. scope, schedule, budget (including demonstrated consideration of how artists’ time and contributions will be recognized/compensated)
- Opportunity for the applicants to advance processes and practices which will strengthen their art-making, increase their competency for travel-based exchanges/tours, or expand their capacity to function as hosts/presenters for performance
- Potential to share learning with other artists, ensembles, and/or the field through documentation
- Reflection of NET’s values of equity and inclusion by supporting a diverse range of grantees, projects, and activities (see Equity in Funding Statement)
All selection criteria receive equal weight during the review process.