Grants are awarded based on the quality of the relationship building and the depth of knowledge sharing.
Through these lenses, a peer panel will select grantees based on:
- Clear articulation of the intended learning goals, and anticipated outcomes with criteria for success
- Evidence that the activities will initiate new relationships, or of how applicant will further develop existing relationships
- Project feasibility, i.e. scope, schedule, budget (including demonstrated consideration of how artists’ time and contributions will be recognized/compensated)
- Opportunity for applicant to explore new ideas, practices, techniques, inspiration, or expertise
- Potential to share learning with other artists, ensembles, and/or the field
- Demonstration of thoughtful anti-oppression and EDI practices, or progress toward them, in alignment with NET’s values of justice, equity, and inclusion (see Equity in Funding Statement); a diverse range of grantees, projects, and activities will be supported in each round.
All selection criteria receive equal weight during the review process.